Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week 5 Learning

     I finished my fifth week of classes and this week has tested me to the limit. I had fallen behind on my schoolwork due to some unforeseen circumstances. We had to make a couple of trips to Atlanta to take my son to the eye doctor (which are always all day trips). He has been having really high eye pressure and causing severe headaches, so we had to get him in to the Dr. quickly. This caused me to not get started til later in the week and both classes had several chapters that had to be read. But I did it. I managed to get all my work done and turned in on time.
     This week we learned about a 5-Day Study Plan. I really like the idea of creating a plan. It breaks down your work into smaller chunks. This way I will be able to retain the information better. It has self-testing built in the plan. This will allow me to test my knowledge on what I am are learning. Here is my assignment on the 5-Day Study Plan: https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=15KX_kjZ4MD8gKPMjebf2BbQmz0A0dKI2n40LVBE5LSA&hl=en#
     I also learned some great ways to prepare for exams. I was given many strategies for the different types of exams I will encounter. Some preparation strategies that I will apply will be taking notes and reciting them using the headings as cues. Another strategy will be to prepare word cards and recite them. Also, I will make self-tests and take these tests. These strategies will definitely help me succeed in taking exams.
     I created an outline of one chapter that I had read. I plan to create outlines to have a study guide for my exams. This will be a valuable tool to use for studying. So overall, this week was hectic and I didn't know if I would be able to achieve my goals for the week, but with determination I finished all my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment