Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Week 7 Learning

     This has been a much better week for me. I was able to get an earlier start this week. I had a lot of reading to do, so I wanted to make sure I had enough time for my assignments. This week was all about PowerPoint 2007. When I first read the assignments, I was extremely nervous. Everything was foreign to me. I have never used PowerPoint. I have never went to meetings to see PowerPoint being used (that I know about). But, we were given excellent articles to read. After reading through all of these and watching demos, I felt much better.
       Some valuable tips that I learned and will use are keeping it simple, don't parrot, use key phrases, and making sure your presentation will run on any computer. We also had to create a electronic portfolio using PowerPoint. I saved this for last because I was so nervous about this assignment. After my grades last week, I really wanted to do good. As I started the portfolio, I realized it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. The directions were very specific and easy to follow. By reading all the articles on PowerPoint, I was much more prepared for this than I expected.
     I have just one more week left for my 2 classes. This will be a short week.  I will have to get on it so I get all my assignments turned in for both classes. I just need to apply all the strategies I learned over this course and I know I will be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment